SAFETY & SECURITY
- As the lodge is part thatch, patrons are to refrain from making fires during windy conditions.
- Please ensure fires are extinguished before turning in for the night.
- For those that smoke, cigarette butts must be safely discarded. Note that smoking is not allowed inside the lodge.
- Ensure the gas bottle for the gas stoves are closed when not in use.
- The solar geyser water can get quite hot so open with care.
- Don’t forget to carry the usual meds (Disprin, Eno’s, Gaviscon, Plasters etc. or equivalents).
- Please be vigilant whilst driving through the Eastern Cape as livestock tend to wander onto the roads.
- Also, approach the gravel roads with care and be aware of dongas when driving off-road.
- A night watchman is onsite from 06:00 pm to 06:00 am daily if the Main House is booked. (Duties include yard patrol and manning the gate for those late-night fishing sessions.)
- Please store fishing gear/equipment and other valuables safely away.
- Only patrons and service staff are allowed onto the property.
- Giellies (fishing guides) have a designated seating area just inside the main gate and are not allowed inside the units. Service staff have been informed to assist with trespassing issues.